Help: no power

Participant count
  • Participant list

Frankie68

CarAudio.com Newbie
I did not install the system but have basic knowledge on car audio. I recently turned up one of the gains. Was listening to it the next day and abruptly lost all power to both amps and the crossover. There are 2 fuses mounted near the aetup and 1 under the hood. All 3 look to still be good. What else could of caused all power to be lost? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I did not install the system but have basic knowledge on car audio. I recently turned up one of the gains. Was listening to it the next day and abruptly lost all power to both amps and the crossover. There are 2 fuses mounted near the aetup and 1 under the hood. All 3 look to still be good. What else could of caused all power to be lost? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!View attachment 40155
Id start with that LOC. I would have put an inline fuse to that as well. I dont see one installed. Pull that and test it by itself to see if it powers up or not> Where is that supply/Power supply coming from?? Fuse panel?? Check that Fuse?Pull the Fuse at the Battery also/remove it see if it is actually any good. Check your ground location see if its loose or not.

I like to wire up those LOCs off the Aux 25amp at the fuse panel. Ive never had any issues doing that there and ground under the dash on the dash bars cleaned off

I appreciate the help guys. It was the ground wire. It was still atrached, but was loose enough that it wasnt making a connection.
Man Im glad you found it and it wasnt anything major.Some of the simplist things majority of the time get us all. If it is attached by a nut and you have room to thread another nut on. Do that and tighten the piss out of it. It will lock with the other nut. You could drive through creek beds on off road and it would more than likely not come loose

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...