Help: No output from crossover ... might be blown

Participant count
  • Participant list

LBC99
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
My right mid on my cdt ef-61cf comp set stopped working last week. and I finally figured out why. The a few stray strands of speaker wire connected to one of the terminals on the mid was touching the metal on the frame of the mid.

I noticed when testing the wire from the mid at the crossover, it would spark up when it touched any of the metal connectors.

So I'm guessing this blew the mid output on the crossover. So my question is, can this be fixed easily. I opened up the crossover and I don't see anything wrong. Nothing appears to be fried. It is a SATNET 400 crossover. Here is a picture:

DSCF1710.jpg

I'm probably just going to buy another set of crossovers, but if this was an easy fix, it would last me until I got another set.

Left side, near the center (3 solder marks together) furthest to the left looks damaged. Also, looks like condensation stains to me, did you have it exposed to moisture?

I'd agree with above as well. Test it and look for weak solder (one mentioned for starters)

Your midrange components are the coil opposite the terminals, the capacitor next to it and the small ceramic resistor.

The track one third down on the right in that last board photo, looks melted away. It looked too thin anyway. You might need to make a wire bridge from the lower right (the coil) to the fourth terminal from the left (mid out).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.