Help needed.

Participant count
  • Participant list

bjayjr5679
10+ year member

Father of Three
Ok i posted a thread awhile back about the wire that is for sale by knukonceptz that hey bought and are offereing at a great price and i got some answers now before i buy i have more questions.

1. Does this http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=PRMYBK

have the same or better amp rating as the KLM wire that is rated at 100amp load?

The reason i ask this is because i will be running the 4 gauge to a distribution block and splitting off 2 runs of 8 gauge. 1 for my sub (MRP-M450 at a 40 amp load) and the other for my components amp (old alpine MRV-T505 30amp load). But in the future i would like the room to upgrade to a bigger amp for my components (maybe a MRP-F550 at 60 amps).

Dont suggest 0 gauge i already spent 3 hours trying to find a place to run it through my firewall and ended up having to sell the 8 feet that i bought.

2. If the above wire is not that good should i just wait for this http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX0R

that has a higher load capacity or just get the regular Kolossus 4 gauge that comes with a 120a rating?

Sorry so long going to buy to install this weekend. Thanks

So is there a standard load capacity of 4 gauge?

I know that KLM is Copper Clad Aluminum Cable and thus does not have the same conductivity as the copper wire Kolossus or the new Fleks wire i was just wondering why the new Fleks has a higher load capacity than the regular Kolossus?

Dude you are WAY over thinking this, just get the **** wire and enjoy your system already.

And FYI...I would have used the 0gauge you had, as NO firewall is that tough, and if it is, go through the floorboard/trans tunnel under the dash. With the 0gauge you're set for all future upgrades...

Dude you are WAY over thinking this, just get the **** wire and enjoy your system already.
And FYI...I would have used the 0gauge you had, as NO firewall is that tough, and if it is, go through the floorboard/trans tunnel under the dash. With the 0gauge you're set for all future upgrades...
Am I ?

Anyone else?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.