Help Needed On Civic Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ozone Blue
10+ year member

Hey all,

I'm having some problems installing rear speakers in a 2001 Civic EX. I tried removing them from the trunk, but they're screwed in from underneath the grill. The grill is part of the rear deck, which seems to be blocked by the seat pieces at either end. And I have no freakin' clue how to get the seat pieces off. Anybody have any advice / clues / help?

Mike

Well I got a 98 civic.. different car designs but the rear deck layout may be the same..

Go into your trunk and pull the two black handles in the back top portion... and push the seats down. After you do that you can twist and pull the rear deck out... or do it the safer way and take off the back side panels by either seat and then slide out the rear deck.

Oh ****... silly me.. you wanted to know how to get the side panels off... there attached with the uhh "friction" connections. I just pulled mine out slowly and made sure I wasn't breakin anything....

Okay, I got the side panels off... only to find that the rear deck actually has fittings hiding behind the panel along the side of the car that runs up to the carpeting on the roof of the car. That piece is plastic - probably plugs - but if anyone out there has done this before and knows of a better way, I would LOVE another method... byt the time I'm through, here, I'll have the entire back of this civic dis-assembled.

Never mind - I see what you're saying. The rear side panels are attached with friction fittings - I thought you meant the side pieces of the rear seat. Thanks!! I'll see if I can get to it now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.