HELP! Need some advice for replacing some "stock" speakers w/ aftermarket

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi, I'm new here, and was hoping someone could lend a hand in a little project I am planning to do on my own.

I have an '02 Pontiac Trans Am with the 10 speaker monsoon audio system. Recently one of the 6 3/4" min-ranges in the side panel started making some noises during certain low level frequencies.

I went to best buy to buy replacements for these speakers only (a couple 6 1/2" Polks). When I took the side panel off to inspect the speaker to be replaced, I noticed that the stock speaker had two sets of +/- terminals. I'm sure one is for the signal IN, but I'm not sure what the other one is for, maybe a pass-out to the other speakers in the rear of the car?

I didn't want to cut and solder until I asked if I can just combine both +s and -s to the single +/- leads on my new polks. Does anyone see an issue with this or have any suggestion about what I can do about the other wire pair?

ANY HELP/ADVICE is MUCH appreciated!

My guess is the other pair does indeed go out to another speaker. Personally I wouldn't mess with it until you verify precisely what each wire is supposed to do. I'm sure somebody here knows that make/model car and can help.

I don't suppose you tried the search function? How about google?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.