Help! MTX TA7804 Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

its_ray_ray
10+ year member

FTW Michael Jackson Mario
Athens, Tn
ok i got this amp. and when turned on. it sorta has a static noise. i searched the entire car for a solution. rca's, ground, i even put an extra ground on it through the cap neg, anything that may cause it i went through. so i when to the local store picked me up a bit that could help me tear it apart and this is what i found.

this little burnt spot. next to it, it says. r112 u guys got any clue? well heres the pic

img087.jpg

img0574.jpg

in these pix you can tell that a few fets were replaced and that there is a place where it looks like fets burnt out bad and new ones are in place now.

img0481.jpg

img0694.jpg

this is the piece that holds the fets down. all burnt up this side was facing out, from when whoever repaired flipped it.

img0381.jpg

and this is a full gut shot of the amp.

img0148.jpg

U guys got any clue?!? If anyone is wondering. NO! This is not the amp i purchased from revrider1. This was a local deal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.