Help me work something out in my head (Isobaric T-Line)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jroo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
This is what I know about isobarics in ported boxes. The port lengths and tuning dont change, but the enclosure size can get down or cut in half when you add the second driver for isobaric. In theory if I have a design for a ported box and add the Iso, the port lenght and tuning dont change, just the box size.

Using my thought, I found a box design for a DD 1508. The guy called it a 4th order T-Line. Basically its a DD 1508 in a sealed section dead in the center with a long port that wraps around the sealed section(he called this the T-Line) and ports out. Lets assume all the math is correct for the T-Line section. If I want to make this design isobaric and add a second driver. I would not change the line length or line size? I would just cut down the size of the center sealed section and add the second isobaric 1508? So lets just say the sealed section is 1 cube, I would make it 0.5 cube, add the second driver and keep everything else about the line the same? Does this sound right so far?

Found the answer and several have been done. You dont do this to shorten the line length, that stays the same. You gain power handling although you lose effeciency. The benefit is lower fs and better low end response over the single driver Tline. The reviews i found said there was an increase across the entire range and the low end response picked up.

another thing to do, is just go with a more powerful sub. the basic principal of isobaric was to make a single driver more powerful, back when you couldn't just go get a "better" sub. that has since changed more than a decade ago, and is actually where the kicker solobaric derives it's name. "solobaric"- meaning a single driver that performs like 2 drivers in isobaric configuration. although just a marketing tool for kicker at the time, it signifies the transition to modern power-houses. so, the prescribed method achieving your final goal= different driver, where available.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.