Help me with my system please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aoday

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, I have a 2015 Nissan Sentra SL with the Bose audio system. I am looking to bypass the original amplifier with an aftermarket amplifier. So I purchased a line out converter and a amplifier. After hooking everything up I realized that I was only getting signal from one channel of the amplifier, it is a 4-channel amp. So after some playing around I realized that the line out converter is only outputting from one RCA cable. Could this be because my stock head unit? Or is the line out converter bad? I can't seem to find a solution or any troubleshooting to determine what the cause could be. Any help would be awesome. Thank you

So the radio speaker output wires are twisted with the LOC input wires. Reason I ask is that crmip connectors sometimes fail.

So the LOC is an active unit? If yes, then the issue may be with the gain controls on the LOC.
So the radio output speaker wires run straight into the loc. There is no break in the wires. The LOC only has volume controls on it and I tried adjusting them but I'm still only getting output from the same rear right output. I currently am using just the one output and a one to four RCA adapter to transfer the sound to all four channels on the amp but I'm limited with my control and I don't know the proper fix

I don't know the proper fix
Let us try this, mark all pairs of wires going into LOC. Reconnect all rca's as they are supposed to be. Disconnect all output wires going into the LOC from the radio. Take turns connecting the right rear speaker wires into the LOC's input side. Since we know that pair is working fine, it will tell us if the other LOC inputs are working. Be sure to turn off radio with every switch, it is easy to mess something up.

Let us try this, mark all pairs of wires going into LOC. Reconnect all rca's as they are supposed to be. Disconnect all output wires going into the LOC from the radio. Take turns connecting the right rear speaker wires into the LOC's input side. Since we know that pair is working fine, it will tell us if the other LOC inputs are working. Be sure to turn off radio with every switch, it is easy to mess something up.
Are you able to reach out to me on a platform I get notifications on? It's hard for me to determine when to reach out. But I will try that and see the outcome. I can most likely try it tomorrow. I will try inputting different slots into the LOC and see if the output matters. I will also attach the link to the LOC that I purchased https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IVKF87U/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Are you able to reach out to me on a platform I get notifications on?
No, I am inept at social media and not computer saavy, so TaDaaaah... This is it. I did however notice that when someone cuts and pastes from OPs thread, it posts a red notification number on the upper left.

I will also attach the link to the LOC
I will peruse the pdf. Good luck.

No, I am inept at social media and not computer saavy, so TaDaaaah... This is it. I did however notice that when someone cuts and pastes from OPs thread, it posts a red notification number on the upper left.

I will peruse the pdf. Good luck.
Thank you so much for your help. After work today I will try messing with it some

I don't know your vehicle specifically, but many newer vehicles with factory amplifiers will look for a specific resistance on each channel. If it doesn't see the resistance on a specific channel, it will not output anything on that channel. Worth researching unless you already have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.