Help Me with My Drag Setup...

I think I have decided on...Shocker Super Extremes. I might also run Shocker 3s ir Shocker Extreme 2s...I love the concept of user recones!

What about the 12 inch SP??? What size is the SPL version gonna be??? 18?

Originally posted by RangerMan I think I have decided on...Shocker Super Extremes. I might also run Shocker 3s ir Shocker Extreme 2s...I love the concept of user recones!

What about the 12 inch SP??? What size is the SPL version gonna be??? 18?
Good choice...I was going to use those but, I think have decided otherwise(RE SE 15" x 2)

I think its a 15" isnt it?

- Steve

You'll tear that ID Max to shreds in spl with that much energy if you don't watch it VERY carefully... remember the coil size... and it can only dissipate heat to that radiating ring so fast...

Originally posted by nismo drag setup, huh? well, i dont suggest a thong, as it will probably be uncomfortable. also, try a training bra. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

eric
LOL ,I left myself wide open for that one...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

*whispers as not to be heard by the vicious hater monsters*

Audiobahn makes some good stuff........the AW12x is an absolutely monsterous woofer, and I've seen them either outperform or perform right with most of those subs you listed......oh.......have I mentioned that my lowely 1200Q is doing almost the same numbers in a Ranger that your old juggy was doing?

Originally posted by LoneRanger *whispers as not to be heard by the vicious hater monsters*

Audiobahn makes some good stuff........the AW12x is an absolutely monsterous woofer, and I've seen them either outperform or perform right with most of those subs you listed......oh.......have I mentioned that my lowely 1200Q is doing almost the same numbers in a Ranger that your old juggy was doing?

In the drag world... almost doesn't cut it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by jlaine In the drag world... almost doesn't cut it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I was about to say, that .5 dB is a lot...you don't know what I had to do to just get an extra .3 dB.

I'm going to try again here in a week or so with a few minor changes......pretty sure i'll break the 148 mark if i point the port toward the rear window instead of straight up and turn the sub the right way in the box........also have taped the inside of the new box to eliminate 90 degree angles which should give me a few tenths.

JLAINE: i know i'll get ripped for questioning your infinite wisdom, but don't be a hater monster, buddy. i've seen aw12's out spl brahma's with less port area.........and how much does a brahma sell for? Woofers are just a means to an end and the name is just something to splatter your car with......you have your brand loyalites and i have mine.

ranger, i know your not using your ranger in S1-2???? yo, why no D2 as the amp?? and 2 extreme 12's like i have been telling you for ages, you are hard headed!!!!! lol email me!! get AIM, lets talk

Originally posted by RangerMan LOL...Here is what I'm considering:

Beyond Psi (when released)

RE HC

Image Dynamics IDMax

Elemental e12a

Elemental SP (the SPL version if released)

Shocker Sigs

Shocker Super Extremes

Adire Brahma
..well i hate to burst your bubble, but when do you think 100 of the PSI series drivers are going to become available at a decent price???..odds are against them

HC...good

MAX...VERY nice - but i dunno about spl

SPL version....dunno still on paper

SIGS!! well...2 18's took extreme 1-2 this past weekend...so go figure!

Bhrama - very nice, scottie was **** loud at finals 170.2? with 9 bhrama 15's

Treo - might want to look into Treo subs...they can get very loud in the right install CSX's..and i forget that "top secret" spl sub with no pole vent

Originally posted by LoneRanger JLAINE: i know i'll get ripped for questioning your infinite wisdom, but don't be a hater monster, buddy. i've seen aw12's out spl brahma's with less port area.........and how much does a brahma sell for? Woofers are just a means to an end and the name is just something to splatter your car with......you have your brand loyalites and i have mine.
At what point, LoneRanger, did I bring Adire or the brahma into this thread?

Since you did, I'll continue...

Only have one thing to say...

170db+ with brahma's already, and this is just the first year... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Name dropping would be part of it, but that isn't what Adire is (unlike audiobahn)... it's called quality... Woofers are a means to an end, but it isn't the name that concerns me, it's audiobahn's quality. Ever dissected a audiobahn woofer before?

I have...

Originally posted by RangerMan I was about to say, that .5 dB is a lot...you don't know what I had to do to just get an extra .3 dB.
I don't want to hear what you did to the mic... ok?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

-- how many audiobahn woofers placed in the top 3 at finals.....

SURVEY SAYS>>>>> NOT A **** ONE...

thanks for playing.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Loyd L.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.