Help me upgrade my sytem

JosephM

CarAudio.com Newbie
Apr 10, 2021
North Carolina
Hey guys, I’m new here. I have an 04 Tundra. I upgraded the 2 front, 2 back, and stereo to mid-grade Kenwood about a year ago. I’m not happy with it. I’m not getting the sound of bass I want. The front left speaker has already blown. I want to upgrade the front 2 speakers and willing to upgrade the back 2 and stereo as well. I also plan on adding a enclosure under the seats to add 2 8” shallow mount subs. I want to go high grade this time and I’m ready to pay up to $300 for a pair of speakers. I used to shop through crutchfield but they don’t have the right type of speakers for my truck. I had to modify it when the speakers came in. What recommendations do you guys have for some new speakers and if I should upgrade the other speakers and stereo. Picture attached is what the front stock speakers look like.

Attachments

Kickstand

CarAudio.com Well Known
Jan 1, 2021
Maple Ridge
If your going to do subs then I suggest you bit the bullet and do the whole thing.
I wouldn't bother with new rear speakers, just replace the front ones but run them off an amp.
You don't have to do shallow mounts, If you face them out instead of up or down you can can do regular 8's or 6.5s
Just have someone build you a custom box or if your handy with the wood then have someone design one for you and build it yourself.
For front speakers I would say JBL or Infiniti would be the best in your price range.
As for a amp to run the fronts, You don't have to spend a lot
Something like this would work
https://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-amplifiers/c-30-four-channel/sam-65-4-sundown-audio-4-channel-260w-rms-micro-amplifier.html
If it were me and I was looking for a couple of 8's that didn't break the bank I would go with these
https://www.woofersetc.com/c-23-subwoofers/c-32-8-subwoofers/sa-8-v1-5-d4-sundown-audio-8-dual-4-ohm-sa-v1-5-series-subwoofer.html
And run them with this
https://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-amplifiers/c-27-one-channel/sundown-audio-sfb-1500d-monoblock-1500w-rms-class-d-amplifier-fullrange-full-range.html
I feel like Sundown sales rep right now but they have put out some decent equipment that's reasonably priced
Soundqubed
Taramps and
American Bass all also have good equipment that's not that expensive although price is relevant to the user so..

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
Hey guys, I’m new here. I have an 04 Tundra. I upgraded the 2 front, 2 back, and stereo to mid-grade Kenwood about a year ago. I’m not happy with it. I’m not getting the sound of bass I want. The front left speaker has already blown. I want to upgrade the front 2 speakers and willing to upgrade the back 2 and stereo as well. I also plan on adding a enclosure under the seats to add 2 8” shallow mount subs. I want to go high grade this time and I’m ready to pay up to $300 for a pair of speakers. I used to shop through crutchfield but they don’t have the right type of speakers for my truck. I had to modify it when the speakers came in. What recommendations do you guys have for some new speakers and if I should upgrade the other speakers and stereo. Picture attached is what the front stock speakers look like.
Find room for 4- 6-½'s in a proper box with a decent amp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds