help me tune my system

Participant count
  • Participant list

ljaudio
10+ year member

NC
Hi i need some help to tune my system. the problem im having is that sometimes you can hear a thud on the subs when people talk. My other problem is my low end distorts really bad(if i play late nite tip all you hear is flapping).

My setup is

HU- IDA-X100

Subs- 2 Kicker Comp Vr 15s sealed

Amp- JL 500/1

The setting on my amp are

Q 1.6, Center Freq 45, Boost 0, LPF 80, 12DB slope, Input Volt low, and gains set by ear

The only setting i changed on the HU was treble +2. any help is appreciated. And before you say it, I know my amp is too small

Kind of hard to decide what is making the noise when you hear vocals in a song. Might just be poor recording quality or a crappy quality download? I get that sometimes on some of Jeezy's songs, for example... the beginning of Trap Star. When he said T R A P S T AR, I get a thud when he says "P" just because of the way he says it.

The flapping though on the real low end means your subs are unloading. What size is your box and what is it tuned to. If it's a pre-fab ported box, then there's your problem. Most of those are tuned a bit high and those real low notes won't make any audible sound other than the subs just flopping around below the tuning frequency.

Good luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.