help me talk my friend out of getting volfenhag

Get him on one of the forums...let him hear from us directly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Good. Maybe it'll force them to...oh, I don't know...make decent products?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i'm trying to tell him that these things are going to completly blow.i don't really have any evidence to back me up though...

oh god.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif
Really, if you don't have any evidence how do you know they are going to ""Completly Blow""???

Explain to him once, your opinion (works better with facts) on why you think they ****. Look for something for him to get instead for as close as possible to the same cost...

If not Fock'em, his money his subs... If he doesn't know the difference he might be happy... Or you can say I told ya so...

^true...well he did love his rf hx2

and his kicker comp vrs

so we'll see
well what happened to those subs? if he loved them then i might assume he also blew them? if he blew them, then dont let him buy an RE or SI or DD or AA (man i love this) sub cause thats money down the drain if hes gonna run them the wrong way...i think volfenhag is just the solution for his situation

well what happened to those subs? if he loved them then i might assume he also blew them? if he blew them, then dont let him buy an RE or SI or DD or AA (man i love this) sub cause thats money down the drain if hes gonna run them the wrong way...i think volfenhag is just the solution for his situation
I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell of that guy blowing a DD.

um. clipping does not blow subs. overpowering BECAUSE clipping increases the power output kills subs. and i dont think this kid will be able to clip any amp he can afford\power will be able to clip a DD.

on a side note, volfenhags are basically lower than cheap sony\audiobahn stuff. low end garbage with a pretty red cone so they look cool. the look of a sub will NEVER determine how it performs, and volfenhag is no exception. get something else.

check out these guys - http://www.ascendantaudio.com

just dont turn your fukcing gains and bassboost up, and build yourself a ported box to its specs. no prefab bullshti...

um. clipping does not blow subs. overpowering BECAUSE clipping increases the power output kills subs. and i dont think this kid will be able to clip any amp he can afford\power will be able to clip a DD.
on a side note, volfenhags are basically lower than cheap sony\audiobahn stuff. low end garbage with a pretty red cone so they look cool. the look of a sub will NEVER determine how it performs, and volfenhag is no exception. get something else.

check out these guys - http://www.ascendantaudio.com

just dont turn your fukcing gains and bassboost up, and build yourself a ported box to its specs. no prefab bullshti...
umm maybe you should reread my post...i didnt say clippin blows subs...

either way "overpowering BECAUSE clipping increases the power output" is incorrect. overpowering and clipping are completly different. overpowering is overpowering plain and simple. clipping is a square wave...

but playing a square wave will not break a sub.

the square wave is a square wave, and as long as the power output from the amp (weather clipped or not) is under the thermal\mechanical requirements of the sub (in the box that its using) is not beyond its limits, the sub will play that clipped signal all day.

the reason why clipping breaks subs, is because the clipped signal can increase the power that an amp puts out. clipping can not kill a sub. but the overpowering associated with clipping can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.