Help me read this winISD graph

Participant count
  • Participant list
OK so here are 2 different speakers in their own enclosures. Yellow is jl audio 10 inch sealed powerwedge+ in a ~.33 cu.ft enclosure. ACS110LG-TW1 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Systems - PowerWedge+

The white is a Kenwood KFC w12ps in a 1.2 sealed enclosure. Specs: Specs | KFC-W12PS | Speakers | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | KENWOOD USA

I know the Kenwood is not the greatest but I bought it before I knew what good brands were really out there. Just wondering if someone can tell me what this graph mean. The jl is a 10 in. In yellow and the Kenwood is a 12 in. In white

c46be5c245f1e7d5f07ce5b0d682e667.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I just read the help guide and input what the stated and I got this. I entered how they stated but only filled in if they said to on a value that didn't populate itself. I'm sure this in not correct. Can some one enter the Kenwood specs and take a pic so I can see what is should look like

29b18e32f950faa92dce462e75afbaab.jpg

OK don't kill me but I think I may have it. I watched a tutorial and entered the values like they stated and tabbed when I didn't have anything. This is what I came up with as my final. White is the 12 inch kW and yellow is the jl

18749fb866bc0c5dfd2993f00ad3004c.jpg

Sealed will sound like sealed that means good bandwidth and accurate sound with so-so output. You are overthinking this. If you were doing a ported enclosure then its a different story. Just build the box and play. It wont sound anywhere near what winisd projects because each vehicle has its own cabin gain which completely alters the sound, most of the times in a good way so dont sweat this.

im sure you made a mistake on your input parameters..
I think the value that spiked the curve was this.

6367872c1131a8871f07560c313ed43c.jpg

The series resistance came populated as .1 ohm. I had changed it to 4 but this time left it at its .1 value. Do I leave it or enter a diff value?

I think the value that spiked the curve was this.
6367872c1131a8871f07560c313ed43c.jpg

The series resistance came populated as .1 ohm. I had changed it to 4 but this time left it at its .1 value. Do I leave it or enter a diff value?

you entered the ohm load wrong on the ts specs then.

OK don't kill me but I think I may have it. I watched a tutorial and entered the values like they stated and tabbed when I didn't have anything. This is what I came up with as my final. White is the 12 inch kW and yellow is the jl
18749fb866bc0c5dfd2993f00ad3004c.jpg

How would you read this graph though. Meaning does the one in white mean it would roll off a little later and reproduce low notes better, louder..? Not sure when comparing them what its telling me

How would you read this graph though. Meaning does the one in white mean it would roll off a little later and reproduce low notes better, louder..? Not sure when comparing them what its telling me
These curves are practically identical. I agree that you're over thinking this.

Regarding the signal source series resistance, I've never touched that.

Weird being a shallow 10 very small enclosure vs a conventional 12 that the 10 looks like it holds it own near to the 12. I have a box I can just place in my truck with roughly the same cu.ft. I'm looking to build. Just need my wiring to be shipped to try it out and see the diff between the 12 and 10. These 2 pounded last time I used them so even half that I'll be happy with and able to get lower notes

Weird being a shallow 10 very small enclosure vs a conventional 12 that the 10 looks like it holds it own near to the 12. I have a box I can just place in my truck with roughly the same cu.ft. I'm looking to build. Just need my wiring to be shipped to try it out and see the diff between the 12 and 10. These 2 pounded last time I used them so even half that I'll be happy with and able to get lower notes
That is just musical bandwidth its not a projection of how loud it is.

OK so it will play lower got that ...it just isn't showing SPL comparisons. OK. Thanks a bunch man
where it says transfer function magnitude there's an arrow button and you can go down to SPL. If you want louder and deeper, I'd put them in a ported box.

where it says transfer function magnitude there's an arrow button and you can go down to SPL. If you want louder and deeper, I'd put them in a ported box.
I was thinking on ported. But this is in a 15 Silverado crewcab where my space is super limited. I came up with a box design so to speak that is just unconventional. The cardboard was cutout before I calculated the actual measurement's but this is the general shape. The measurements written down are the correct numbers. My final numbers came to ~1.109 cu. Ft. I was gonna use birch plywood. The sub calls for 1.25 cuft for a sealed box. I just wanna make sure 1._it will play better than the jl audio powered sub enclosure and 2. It will hit louder and play lower. Not looking to win any awards just looking to surpass what I have currently.

fe0ce194c8e018d749a904164ba3d106.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.