Help me out real quick

add a 0 to the end of the alt amperage and you got your wattage, then take away 20 amps or 200w for misc electronics.
Really? I'm running ~2000 watts right now with no problems, but I'd like to know how far I can go before having to upgrade my alternator. I'm running 2 batts if that helps

soon.
if ur getting 10 v at the amp now.
My voltage doesn't even go below 12.5 at full tilt

its all relative.. iamapimp has a stock alt and he has all sorts of crazy going on in his car.. i think his alt is stock 80.. i wanna say
Huh...I could have sworn there was a convenient little forumla that atleast put you in the ballpark.

Thanks for the help

Extra batts definetly help. Have you metered your voltage drops at the amp and made sure its doing ok? Im running about 1600w in my car all together with 2 batts and a stock 63 or 80 amp alt. My voltage drops at night, but i can wang pretty much full tilt all day and be fine, however running a real weak alt with more batteries isnt always a good idea, if you forget to let your car idle for a minute or 2 with everything off before shutting it down you could have trouble starting it if your batts are drained, unless youre running an isolator or something. However id go by the ol volts X amps theory to be safe.

However id go by the ol volts X amps theory to be safe.
lol I'm past that point bro

I think what Kyle said makes sense, but I'd really hate to upgrade amps only to find out it was a waste. Decisions decisions.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.