help me out, just starting

Participant count
  • Participant list

AllThingsEnd
10+ year member

El Paso
hey im just starting my install. so far i have a 880prs, and MB Quart PCE-216. im looking now for a sub or 2. looking for 12" no bigger. im kinda taking this as a learning experience with the install and the building so im not looking for $500 subs. just some that i can play with. also im looking for more SQL than SPL. ive been looking at the RE's alot recently. i really dont even know why, i just find myself gravitating towards them. looking to spend about $125-$150 per sub. is that a good price to start out? what do you guys recommend?

well 12s or 10s. a buddy at work used to build and install custom boxes for subs and the plan i have for my truck wont allow a 15 or 18in sub in there. how much do you think i would need? like i said im not looking to build a top of the line system right now with the subs. i know im going to mess up at least once and i dont want to destroy a great sub because of stupidity.

Two of these:http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14954

And what are you willing to spend on an amp and wiring?

-Bill-

ive seen alot of those subs on this forum, and theres even a sticky thread about them, so i guess those are good. they're even in my price range. dont really know how much to spend on an amp. what do you recommend to push those amps? JL 1000/1? the wiring isnt a problem my buddy has plenty and if we need more he still has connections at the shop

ive seen alot of those subs on this forum, and theres even a sticky thread about them, so i guess those are good. they're even in my price range. dont really know how much to spend on an amp. what do you recommend to push those amps? JL 1000/1? the wiring isnt a problem my buddy has plenty and if we need more he still has connections at the shop
If you're on a budget, JL is not a route you'd like to take. An amp from a reputable company such as this would do well:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16367

Although I see more and more with these amps. Not as powerful and won't be as efficient being a class A/B amp, but they seem to do the job for the price:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16696

-Bill-

Rockford better give me a little somethin-somethin with that for $500..

EDIT: Nevermind.. armitank deleted the link.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

-Bill-

im thinking about that hifonics amp. i heard in the past they used to make some solid amps but nowadays the quality of their stuff isnt quite up to par. should i get 1 or 2 amps?

im thinking about that hifonics amp. i heard in the past they used to make some solid amps but nowadays the quality of their stuff isnt quite up to par. should i get 1 or 2 amps?
I have their 2006D, they're still solid. Nice amps at a decent price. And you would only need one 1206D.

-Bill-

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.