help me out im newb

The sundown will put out a 1000 at one ohm. Would be perfect for two dual 2 woofers.
that wouldnt work unless u r talking bout running the amp at .5homs

two dual 2's are a 2ohm or a .5ohm load or a 8ohm load only

^ the Profile amp is good for a tight budget, but I suggest you take a closer look at the KAC-X series amp I posted since they are well within your budget and will provide a bit more versatility.

Well I'm currently running two 12 inch Type R's (Dual 4's) off of the sundown SAE 1000D, and I gotta say it's loud, almost too loud, and if you're looking for a first system that will be cheap, I'd suggest that you go with 1 type R and save yourself some money. But if you're set on two I'll tell you how much i paid.

275 for SAE 1000D - used under warranty

440 for 2 type R's - (2 and a half years ago at BB)

They are considerably cheaper online now, can be found new around 120 a pop and even cheaper used.

I made my own enclosure - it was around 25 dollars for wood and materials

wire and other materials won't be more than 100 dollars

So that all adds up to about 540 dollars, which isn't bad. But then u gotta do speakers and speaker amp.

dual 4 ohm woofer by itself wires to 2 ohms and 8 ohms in one channel

2 dual 4 ohm woofers wire to 1 ohm and 4 ohms in one channel

dual 2 ohm woofer by itself wires to 1 ohm and 4 ohms in one channel

2 dual 2 ohm woofers wire .5 ohms and 2 ohms in one channel

If I were u I would consider one type R over two. To sound good it'll need around 2.5 cubes if your gonna port it, and if u want two thats over 5 cubes ported. Sealed you could get away with 2 cubes each, but if you're gonna seal 2 type R's for the money paid you may end up sounding better and possibly just as loud with one type R in a ported box over two type R's in a sealed box. I've seen a TC trunk, and it won't be functional with a 5 cu ft ported box, because on top of those 5 cubes your port could take up up to another 2 cubes. And you'll save money and won't be putting nearly as much of a strain on your battery/alternator.

Im pretty set on getting 2 since I wont be using my trunk that much anyway. Can anyone post a place that sells the sae 1000d I can't seem to find it anywhere.

For $300 range on an amp you can get a decent 1000wrms class D monoblock. Also, Find an amp 1ohm stable, get D4VC, wire to 1 ohm.

Means Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coils. Just another way of writing DVC4.

Another option: go with the KAC-X1R or the SAE1000d and get a single 15" Fi Q DVC2 for $279 shipped from the manufacturer. 27mm of Xmax and will love every ounce of power from either amp at 1 ohm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Im pretty set on getting 2 since I wont be using my trunk that much anyway. Can anyone post a place that sells the sae 1000d I can't seem to find it anywhere.
I personally sat on this site and realm and waited for one to pop up used. Otherwise you'd be goign out of your budget buying one new. but if you wanted to anyway

http://www.sundownaudio.com/

notice the MSRP is 400, but if you get in touch with jacob or someone else they will get you a better price than MSRP

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=55

Another place you an buy one... but once again, notice the MSRP and remember that if you talk to Jacob you can get a better price than MSRP...

or if you want to stick to your price range, then go used. Just make sure you buy from someone with lots of refs on here, has been a bit of scamming lately.

And if you're set on taking up your trunk (it's a good choice, I completely took up my trunk and backseats with my setup) then def go with Two DVC 4ohm subs so that you can wire them to one ohm. But if you're going with two make sure you get them in a proper enclosure. In my car that made a huge difference. I went from 1.25 cu ft per sub tuned to 44 Hz with lik 30 sq inches of port to 2.5 cubes per sub tuned at 33 Hz with 84 sq inches of port and the new **** slams. It's okay ifn one of that means anything to you, just know that when it's time to get an enclosure make sure it's proper.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.