Help me out, dont wanna ruin anything

Participant count
  • Participant list

JMPisGOD
10+ year member

Ok my Rockford 700s amp bridges into 4 ohm mono... the amp also has 2 gain controls, one for left and one for right... it says in the manual that these gains need to be set equally if the amp is bridged into 4Ohm mono (im running one sub off of it). My question is , will i hurt my solobaric if while im adjusting the gains, one gain is set much less than the other for the few seconds it takes to turn the gains with my little optical screwdriver? What will happen if the gains are not exactly equal?

Just make sure you do it at low volume and youll be ok. Get the gains as close as you can. I usally set them a little over half for good clean power. If it gets hot and shuts off turn it down a bit.

HEY LEMME ADD ANOTHER QUESTION:

Is the gain level and the # of watts your speakers see directly correlated? In that, i mean if my amp puts out 700 watts and the gain is up halfway, will it be giving the speaker 700 watts?

gain=what the amp sees to amplify. you should set it accordingly with your hu's output via a volt meter. think of it this way ...amplifires make waves bigger (stretching a wave) but say the wave was made out of taffy it would eventually break if stretched to far..same thing happens when you "clip" your amp.if you cant use a volt meter set it with sight and your ear...remember it shouldnt be overbearing at lower volumes-means it is set toooooooo high. the gain isnt a power adjustment it is a matching adjustment..............

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.