car audio newbie

aznduece
10+ year member

San Jose
Hey guys, I know your all really wise about amps here so I decided to pop my question to down to earth people and not dealers that rape u. First thing is i'm looking for a good 300/4 amp or around there and I'm kinda stuck in deciding which brand to get. I'm wondering if you guys can tell me the differences between phoenix golds, fosgate, mtx, jl, and whatever you guys think are good? Thanks a lot guys.

I read in the Car Audio magazine that the JL Audio 300/2 was a sure winner and they sell a 300/4 which should be equally as good! there is my suggestion!

I don't think you will be able to hear a difference in any of the amps you listed. They all make quality amps. Now all you have to do is narrow your search down, and find a 300/4, or something close to your needs.

Yes I have, they were recommended to me by the guys taht sell JL woofers, i'm asking for opinons on what amp you guys would suggest for my 6.5 components at 300/4. The ones i listed above are just a few I've heard about, whether they are good enough , good , or the best I have no idea and why. Thanks

Well first of all those two choices for components are good. Second your amp choices are all good. Although I am pretty sure that Fosgate does not make a 300.4 amp. JTMONEY's opinion on at least the Xtant amp is correct. However you will pay through the a** cause its expensive competition amp. MRLOWRIDER's recommendation of Sony is OK. They arent bad amps, however the choices you gave are in a totally other category (in terms of quality, power, etc.) then that make.

try these amps

memphis

rockford

soundstream

xtant

jl

dei

zapco

ppi

mtx

eclipse

jbl

phoenix gold

us amps

go too http://www.mobileaudio.com and look them up

all are great and i even missed a few thing is with a mid to high end class a/b amp on mids and highs its very hard to tell the difference..aka richard clark's amp challenge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.