Help Me Get Going?

Participant count
  • Participant list

AceSpades12

I just got my 1989 Buick Electra Estate Station Wagon on the road again after sitting for six years, and the stereo and everything is fried. Im looking to get a build going, but my budget is 500$. It needs a head unit, two 6.5" speakers, two 2 6x9" speakers, and Id maybe like a sub or two (+ amp). Do i need to raise my budget or is this possible? Should i go to a car audio shop and ask their advice or will they rip me off. I have a close family friend that knows how to hook it all up, i just need the stuff.

Thanks in advance.

If you go to a shop, you will pay a ton in labor and they probably won't have good brands to choose from. Equipment at shops is always extremely overpriced. You could to a tight budget build with that amount of money. Don't dump a bunch in your head unit. Get a used Kenwood or something. You could go cheep or mid price on speakers. As far as subs/amps on a tight budget, check out Soundqubed. You would do well to buy used on this forum too. Just don't forget about shipping if its not included.

Good luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.