Help me Find parts for AVIC-8200NEX

Participant count
  • Participant list

SDTricker

So I have a Ford Focus 2010. Anyone have a pioneer AVIC-8200NEX? I want to put one in my car, but I have no idea which harness to get. I want to get a steering wheel from the junkyard that has steering wheel controls to work with it.

When looking on amazon, I see a bunch of different types of harnesses. Ones that say they keep the Ford Focus Sync and stuff. But what is the purpose of wanting to keep the ford focus Sync? Doesn't the 8200NEX replace all the features of Sync? So all I would need would be one that has the steering wheel features included too????

This seems like the proper harness I would need:???

iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR Interface Module Connect a new stereo and retain the steering wheel audio controls and factory amps in select Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, and VW vehicles at Crutchfield.com

Please correct me if I am wrong. Is that harness overkill, or will I need a better harness?

I basically want steering wheel controls, OBD data such as check engine light ect..., and a rearview camera all in the system. How do I know which harness to get? There are so many. Also a lot say to keep Ford Sync in your car. I don't see the point in that when it would seem like the 8200NEX would basically replace all of Ford Sync's functions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.