Calling all pros - Avh-2600 sq dilemma...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Shredding4days

Il
What's up everyone, first post here.

I've reached a point where my system's sq just doesn't satisfy my ear, although it does for others. The headunit supposedly has a 24 bit dac, but it doesnt sound like it. It hass limited tuning capabilities (basic 7 or 8 band, basic l or r time alignment, crossovers). Id like to be able to control individual speakers for ta and have ultimate dsp capabilities while STREAMING through Bluetooth- if possible, most of my listening comes from streaming pandora. Im really after budget ultimate sq with the soundstage where its supposed to be! any recomendations would be appriciated.

Current set up:

04 grand am gt coupe - stock pillar tweet and door mid (custom baffle) locations

Pioneer avh2600bt double din

Jl tr650-csi components

Mtx tdx 693 coaxials. - havent installed, may not need to if i can run active..

Jbl gto 1001ez

Re s.e.x 15"

Im wondering if i should:

1. Buy a new headunit - looking at pioneers 80prs and avh-4800/5800bs, and kenwoods 773 excelon.

2. Add an amp/external dsp (here lies a problem, the bluetooth call audio only comes through the front output on the deck, if you amp the front, no call volume - is it this way on the decks listed above?

Jbl ms8 looks nifty, do you think this and the 80prs or avh4800 will satisfy?

3. Can i run an active setup in network mode off of deck power on the headunits listed above? Can you run 4 way active with sub?

4. Can i run the tr650csi active anyway? I think they have built in passive crossovers?

My rear deck and doors are fully dynamatted, and my sealed sub enclosure is polyfilled. What else can i do? I guess i could polyfill the mid drivers, but am not sure that would solve my issue, although definately cant hurt.

IPlus the bluetooth call volume - it wont play through an amp with my current headunit volume only comes from the headunits front channel - nonsensical design if you ask me. I could amp the front stage and run the front headunit channels to the rears but still dont think it would be as crisp as im looking for.

IPlus the bluetooth call volume - it wont play through an amp with my current headunit volume only comes from the headunits front channel - nonsensical design if you ask me. I could amp the front stage and run the front headunit channels to the rears but still dont think it would be as crisp as im looking for.
Yeah new head unit then. That sounds like a pain in the @ss.

Big time! Looks like you run the 80prs, can you comment on the bluetooth audio streaming quality? Does your call audio work while youre amped?
yes I have no issues with my calls amped and the bluetooth quality is pretty darn good right up there with USB on my lg v10 and spotify premium.

I recall one experience where my buddy linked his ipad mini to my 80 prs and i dropped him off and drove away. Several stop lights later i realized oh sh*t the music from his ipad was still streaming even after several blocks away... so yeah no worries on signal quality there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.