Help Me Do This Right This Time

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kb1688

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kentucky
So on my previous posts I explained how I blew my subs and we figured out I had them at .5 ohms in the amp which overpowered them and blew them because they were only 2 ohm subs. So now I ordered the 4 ohm subs set to be here Friday. I have a 2000.1 D monoblock 2000 watt ct sounds amp with 2 4 ohm ozone 10" ct sounds subs. Below is a picture of how I plan to wire them except my amp has 4 inputs for the speaker wire and i have seperate spaces in my box for the subs so i wont be wiring them together, just each one to the amp separately running parallel pos to pos neg to neg and box connector pos to one voice coil and negative to other voice coil. So hoping that that is right and i will have 1 ohm going to the amp, I'm now wondering how I should tune the amp and what to set the equalizer to. A ct sounds rep told me to turn bass boost off and set gain to almost 0. However, are there any videos on the other 3 controls lpf, freq, and subsonic? Where should my adjustable bass knob under my steering wheel be, and what should the equalizer be? I don't want to blow these subs again. From what I understand based on my amp settings and sub settings my subs are rated at 800 rms with max power of 1500 watts. If it's at 1 ohm I'm assuming it'll push close to 2000 watts. Does this evenly distribute to the subs at 1000 watts a piece and is it safe since these are rated up to 1500 watts to run them at 1000 watts while I'm driving around listening to music? Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• 2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg
    2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 10
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...