Help me diagnose tantrum 1200.1 problem.....no output

zachzchw
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
ohio
Alright, amp was playing fine today, then all of a sudden no output. Its definitely the amp, because I dropped another amp into the same install, and it worked fine.

Its as if the amp is not putting any power to the speakers.

The power light comes on.

The fan comes on.

There are no fuses on the amp itself.

I opened it up, didnt see anything obvious........but I dont know what I should be looking for, except for burn marks.

So, what should I be looking for? Its a tantrum 1200.1, if anyone has experience with this particular amp.

did u drop in an amp that is the same size?

No, I actually used my component amp- only other amp I had sitting around to check with.

Didnt sound as bad as I would have thought, surprisingly.

if its turnin on and stuff, then i dont know

Turns on fine, just doesnt lead to any sound from the subs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Sounded nice as hell for the twenty minutes it lasted though.

You say that you bought it blown and then got it repaired?

Lol I just sent my amp to Phoenix Gold to get it fixed up. How long did they take to get it back to you?

***** man, atleast you have a 90 day warranty on the repair job.

You say that you bought it blown and then got it repaired?
Lol I just sent my amp to Phoenix Gold to get it fixed up. How long did they take to get it back to you?

***** man, atleast you have a 90 day warranty on the repair job.
Sent my Xenon 1200.1 back to get warranteed. Took over a month to get it back!!!! Sounds identical to the same problem I had. They replaced the secondary power supply and output circuit board.

Sent my Xenon 1200.1 back to get warranteed. Took over a month to get it back!!!! Sounds identical to the same problem I had. They replaced the secondary power supply and output circuit board.
Ouch.

***** to be me, I have to settle using my Hifonics amp for a month now instead. Lol the Hifonics amp has been the most reliable peice of equipment I've owned so far. F*cking weird.

It was repaired by kbaudio. It does have a warranty, but if its something I can do myself, Id rather do that.

I just need to know what to look for.

How much does KBAudio charge again?
Phoenix Gold charges 125 but I'm pretty sure its a job done right (for a Tantrum).
I have heard mixed reviews about them, I'd atleast do some researching before you go with them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.