Help me decide

Participant count
  • Participant list

sml238
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
so i have been out of the game for like 3 years from a bad driving decision i made. anyways, I'm starting to think about my next setup. i used to have an AQ HDC3 15" with aluminum coils, 1500w rms, 4.15 net cubic foot box tuned to 36hz. i was more than happy with the output of that setup and in my next setup I'm looking for similar output (maybe not as much id like to preserve my ears) but much better SQ, more musical, and can go lower.

heres my last build in the process just for eye candy

Sub pictures by sml238 - Photobucket

for my next sub I'm looking at a fully loaded 15" Fi-Q. I'm not sure if i should go sealed or ported. I'm not sure if i would be satisfied with a sealed enclosure, can anyone comment? lastly I'm not sure what amp to get...the only amp i can find I'm happy with and is a decent price is the AQ2200, but i really only need about 1500w rms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.