Help me decide what to buy! (Head units)

kidwolf909
10+ year member

Never Enough Money
Maryland
Well, the purchase will happen tonight (preferably today, but I'm running out of time).

Options:

Pioneer 880PRS - $330 shipped from Sonic Electronix (No USB input, which is important to me - adapter is $100 and is poorly implemented. However, it's proven to be a great unit and has lots of adjustment.)

Eclipse CD7200mkII - $420 shipped from Ebay (USB input, E-iServ online audio customization, all the adjustments of the 880 less L/R EQ, 11 band PEQ, no internal amp, copper chassis, etc.)

Which should I buy? I know the 880 is a solid unit. I've heard about issues with the CD7100, but heard the 7200 fixed those issues (including USB noise and interface navigation). I wish there were more/any reviews on the CD7200, but it's too new to be reviewed. However, my decision MUST be made this week, preferably by tonight.

My 6900UB is coming out of my car and back to pioneer this coming weekend and I would LOVE to put the new unit right in without having to disassemble twice and go without music for a week.

If you can offer ANY opinion, please do!

Thanks in advance.

Eclipse. They are some solid decks. My friend has a CD5000 and I have an 8051. I like mine a little better than his, but his is pretty **** nice. I can't imagine how nice a 7200 would be.

I'm thinking about going with the 7200 and then if I don't like it I can always sell it for a slight loss and then pick up the 880.

At least that way I won't be missing out on what the 7200 could have been.

Ill do it to ya again here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

that does look kinda pretty. but i don't know if it looks as good as the 880. but looks aren't everything of course.
Yea the 880 is a very pretty unit, I like the appearance of the 880 more than the 7200, just looks much cleaner and more professional without all the "MP3" "WMA" "HDRadio" etc. all over the face. But the chassis of the 7200 is SEX! That and USB is a really important feature to me and BT is pretty sweet too. The USB is the primary reason I'm interested in the 7200 though.

I love the E-iServ thing too, played with it a little bit, it's sooo easy to use and you can pretty much customize every aspect down to 1 decibel, 1Hz for crossovers, .01ms for time alignment, it's NICE.

To be absolutely honest... it's really up there lol.
hahahahah. seems tough for ya. i don't really do any impulse buys either, but i don't think i have been this undecided about anything car audio related. lol

i would just simply say that i think you'll be happy either way but this doesn't seem the case. the usb seems really important to you, but what good is it if it doesn't work well on the 7200, or what if you end up not liking other things about it too. so i know it's kinda tough.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.