Help Me Decide...L7 vs. G5

I have the drivers for that system but have not yet had the box built. Do you think the mftr's recommended 1 cube per sub/pr is large enough? Do you have the drivers and the PR's on opposing walls?
yeah the driver and prs are opposite. i went with 2.0cubes jus to save space for my trunk, get loud for me and sounds good

I have the drivers for that system but have not yet had the box built. Do you think the mftr's recommended 1 cube per sub/pr is large enough? Do you have the drivers and the PR's on opposing walls?

The G5's work great with the radiator in 1 cube per sub/radiator.

^^trust me..even though the G5 is sq orientated it can still get a lot louder than you would think.

I dont think your amp has enough power to run an l7 also the g5 is a much more efficient sub. I would go a g5 with a gtr over a single l7 sealed with the amp you have.
agreed. You would really need about twice the power you have to really make an L7 shine where the boston does well with anywhere from 450-600 watts.

first off the MTX 7500 **** at the lows. ive had one if about 5 differnt boxes ranging from 1.5 cu ft sealed to 3 cu ft sealed, and 1.8 cu ft ported at 38, to 2.8 cu ft ported at 36. the only way it would hit low was 3 cu ft sealed, and the out put was OK. 2 cu ft a 40 was what sound the best all around for that driver.

the G5 is an amazing driver. great sound quality and very good out put. im willing to bet a g5 ported or with a rad will be louder and be cleaner then ANY kicker sealed. the L7 blow goats sealed, easpcialy that small of a box. i would think it would need something over 2 cu ft to be able to have any good or acceptable SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.