Help Me Decide...L7 vs. G5

sml238
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok well I'm going to be buying 1 sub and I've narrowed it down to either the 12" Boston G5 with the GTR in a Boston 1 cu ft box or a 12" Kicker L7, not sure what box to use.

Now I currently have 2 MTX 7500's in a Sledgehammer box but I'm looking for a change and more SQ. BTW I'm powering with a Memphis MCD500.

I'm leaning toward the L7 because I'm looking to still have some good SPL. But I need some recomendations on what box to use. I want to go with a sealed box I think but will I still get good SPL with a sealed box? And how big of a box should I use?

And will my MCD500 make the L7 pound pretty hard?

I'd keep the MTX's, sell the Memphis amp, and get a bigger amp. For one, you are downgrading by going from two subs to one. Also, those two subs can't even be compared, totally different class from another. The G5 is an SQ driver, from my understanding. The L7 is geared towards SPL.

I'd keep the MTX's, sell the Memphis amp, and get a bigger amp. For one, you are downgrading by going from two subs to one. Also, those two subs can't even be compared, totally different class from another. The G5 is an SQ driver, from my understanding. The L7 is geared towards SPL.
i dont like the sq of my mtx's i could get another box and i want more room in my truck so thats why im leaning toward 1 sub

and can the l7 still have good sq if put in a sealed box?

I got two G5's wit the PR's I Love them, i had 2 L'7s before..i like the G5's tho (More sq)
I have the drivers for that system but have not yet had the box built. Do you think the mftr's recommended 1 cube per sub/pr is large enough? Do you have the drivers and the PR's on opposing walls?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.