Help Me Choose

Participant count
  • Participant list

Edgar J.
10+ year member

Island
Hey guys, I'm new here, I have been looking over some helpful threads, I wanna thank you for that, continuing to this thread i have a questions on choosing which of the speakers are better I'm not planning to connected them to an amp or something just need to upgrade from the factory speakers:

There are: Rockford Fosgate Prime R1682 | Polk Audio DXi570 | Polk Audio db571

I don't know which to choose my friend recommended the Polk db571 ones. The price is not problem.

The Polks look nearly identical, and have the same specs. I've heard the 6.5" db Polk coaxials on HU power, and they don't sound good.

Maybe you should think about using an MDF baffle to change the size of speaker you're looking for. Probably go with 6-1/2", 5-1/4", or 6"x9". 5x7s and 6x8s are hard to find, and good ones are even harder to find.

If you don't want to switch sizes, I know ID makes good coaxials. Image Dynamics CTX-57 5" x 7" 2-Way CTX Series Coaxial Car Speakers | eBay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.