Help me choose the right components

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fuzion64

BFE
Help me create a new car audio setup for my dodge ram.

I listen to 80% of rap and 10% of rock and 10% of pop.

I like deep hard hitting bass that really slams.

I primarily listen to my current Pioneer X6800BT at a volume of 30 or less out of 62

My bass is set at a quarter over half on the gain with 0 bass boost on the amp, 60 hz

My radio presets and configuration are as follows...

EQ - Powerful, 100hz sub -12 slope, 120hz hfp -12 slope, SLA +4, Bass Boost + 3 at most +4 of 6, loudness - High

Max volume listened to 30-32 out of a total volume of 62.

The sub amp is a kenwood K-9106D pushing (2) kicker comp vt's in a sealed enclosure. My future plans are to buy a ported foxbox and put the best hard hitting subs into it that I can. If this is not the route I should follow, please tell me what you would do.

I would like to use a ported foxbox with 1 single sub if possible that will really slam vs using 2 12" subs.

Again I don't play my volume above 30-32 out of 62 so I configure my sub to really hit in the lower volumes. The louder the music is the more distracted you are, however if you configure your setup to hit hard in the lower volumes of 0-32 while having a good mid/high setup within specific volume range then you are much less distracted while driving.

You get all of the benefits of nice clean hard hitting bass with good clean undistorted music at a good volume levels without being distracted by overly loud music. Its been my experience that when I listen to louder volumes with louder mids/highs its more of a distraction so for that reason I configure my setup for volumes of 0-32 of 62 and really punch the bass within that range.

Now with all of that in mind please tell me how you would set this truck up for nice hard hitting bass, its a 2005 dodge ram quad cab.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.