Participant count
  • Participant list

cotjones
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I don't care about the mounting.
Is one of these better than the other?
They are virtually the same price.
I see that the sc-90 has a lower frequency range (800hz), lower resonant frequency, and higher Q across the board.
What differences if any are these parameters going to translate into in the car?

I'm running them on very high power. probably close to the 100w RMS they are rated.
I don't want lower frequency response from tweeters if that's just going to make them easier to blow, or have awful vibrations in the ~1.5 Range.

https://www.parts-express.com/Peerless-XT25SC90-04-1-Dual-Ring-Radiator-Tweeter-264-1014

Cone / Dome Diameter1"
Cutout Diameter1.85
Tweeter TypeSoft Dome
Power Handling (RMS)100 Watts
Impedance
Frequency Response800 to 20,000Hz
Sensitivity91.1dB 2.83V/1m
Thiele-Small Parameters
Resonant Frequency (Fs)824.8Hz
DC Resistance (Re)3.13Ω
Voice Coil Inductance (Le)0.01mH
Mechanical Q (Qms)7.17
Electromagnetic Q (Qes)1.07
Total Q (Qts)0.93

https://www.parts-express.com/Peerless-XT25SC40-04-1-Ring-Radiator-XT-Tweeter-4-Ohm-264-1642

Cone / Dome Diameter1"
Cutout Diameter1.73
Tweeter TypeSoft Dome
Power Handling (RMS)100 Watts
Impedance
Frequency Response2,500 to 20,000Hz
Sensitivity91.1dB 2.83V/1m
Thiele-Small Parameters
Resonant Frequency (Fs)1018Hz
DC Resistance (Re)3.22Ω
Voice Coil Inductance (Le)0.01mH
Mechanical Q (Qms)2.53
Electromagnetic Q (Qes)0.83
Total Q (Qts)0.63

The specs are not far from each other with exception of the freq, response. Its about what you want,. Do you want a higher pitched tweeter or one that is softer and plays at lower feq.. I like mine around 12k up to 15k myself.Just to keep up with what I have. Peerles is a really great brand for the $, and I know quite a few that run them in SQ vehicles or Hertz, and Audio Frog

The C90 version would be easier to mount.. Drill your hole and screw down.. the C40 version, you will need to place in a pod or do a little installation work. How handy are you at this and do you have the tools and experience to do is the other question I would ask myself, or would you be willing to spend the extra funds to have an installer take time to do it?

I'll be 3-D printing a panel/enclosure for whichever I choose, so I'm not worried about mounting. But I decided to go with the C90.
I figured that the low end response doesn't really matter much because they'll be crossed over way higher than that, but if anything it should add a little stability.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...