Help me choose between these 6.5" comps...

I was considering them, if they vastly outperformed the others. I've yet to check out the other brands, so unless nothing else comes up they will be my choice.

There always has to be one sarcastic person on every car audio forum...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I was considering them, if they vastly outperformed the others. I've yet to check out the other brands, so unless nothing else comes up they will be my choice.
There always has to be one sarcastic person on every car audio forum...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Oh, there is more than one.

Lets hope they don't find their way in here...

I messaged the site to see if they are going to carry the new Mobile Monitors anytime soon. I'm hoping I can get them for a nice price, since the previous MOMOs sounded great to me.

I guess Alpine isn't on the accomodations list, so I'm left with Polk, Kicker, Pioneer and Eclipse. The only Eclipse set is the SC6500, how are they? Also, how are the Kicker RS series? They are both around my price range, well the SC6500s are quite a bit cheaper but if there is little difference I'm willing to spend less...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I can get the new 08ZX350.2 for a little over $100, 110WRMS is ok for a speaker rated at 100WRMS correct?

So right now I'm thinking Kicker 05RS65.2 matched with the Kicker 08ZX350.2, which will yield a total around $250. This will sound much better than my current Infinity coaxials powered off my head unit right?

Solid amp.... but go with these comps instead of the RS's.... And no need to match brands... it's not like using a Kicker amp is going to make those Kicker comps sounds the absolute best they can. Which speakers have you auditioned in depth and which are you leaning towards because they sound the best to your ears?

I agree with DejaWiz....you can't beat those Pioneers..especially for the price you can get them for. Your accommodations price is probably even better than the 120 or so they go for on ebay.

My accomodation price is $104 on the Pioneers, not really saving much. They are $100 at sonicelectronix.com, here. Plus accomodations says 4-6 weeks for delivery on Pioneer products, and I need to add tax (8.625%, thanks NY) onto that $104 so it will be roughly the $120 I would pay at sonicelectronix shipped. So those Pioneers are good for the money? That would mean I could step down on the amp and get something with a little less power...

Stick with that amp. Those comps will take the power easily and probably offer better results on 2x110w rms than 2x60w rms. I've auditioned them as well as the Premier 720C comps on 2x150w rms and both performed beautifully.

I work at Circuit City, where I can get great prices on some car audio equipment through accomodations. I know I can get Kicker, Polk Audio, Eclipse, and maybe Alpine. My car needs some comps, and I've just started looking. The only website I can access right now is the Polk Audio one, but I will get more prices tomorrow when I get home from work (most of them are only accessible through the in-store website). Here is what I'm looking at right now...
db6501 - $91.18

SR6500 - $341.98

They used to have the MOMOs on here for $134, but they got taken off for some reason. I hope a new line is coming out soon and it will be updated, as that is the price range I'm looking for. Plus I'll need an amp to drive the comps, this is the only Polk Audio one that looks like it'll do the job...

PA250.2 - $122.98

Again, I'll get some prices tomorrow. But with those brands in mind, what are some good comps to look at? They are going up front in a '96 Firebird, where a seperate tweeter location is already in the door.

YOu dont list accomidation prices. That is confidential...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.