Help me choose between these 6.5" comps...

96Firebird
10+ year member

I work at Circuit City, where I can get great prices on some car audio equipment through accomodations. I know I can get Kicker, Polk Audio, Eclipse, and maybe Alpine. My car needs some comps, and I've just started looking. The only website I can access right now is the Polk Audio one, but I will get more prices tomorrow when I get home from work (most of them are only accessible through the in-store website). Here is what I'm looking at right now...

db6501 - $91.18

SR6500 - $341.98

They used to have the MOMOs on here for $134, but they got taken off for some reason. I hope a new line is coming out soon and it will be updated, as that is the price range I'm looking for. Plus I'll need an amp to drive the comps, this is the only Polk Audio one that looks like it'll do the job...

PA250.2 - $122.98

Again, I'll get some prices tomorrow. But with those brands in mind, what are some good comps to look at? They are going up front in a '96 Firebird, where a seperate tweeter location is already in the door.

I would say determine what kind of power you have with your component amp and what price range you want to stick in.

Even with a good discount at BB, it might be better to go with different brands that are more bang for the buck.

sr6500 are some sweet ass comps. Nice accommodations price as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I remember they called in on a kid a while back that worked at CC for posting the accomodation prices of some Kicker coax's. He was from Louisana.

Funny ****....... He did get a good ass deal on them too.

Nice enthusiastic response.
lol. i won't say they are good because i personally haven't heard them, but i have heard a few people say they liked them. thats all. i guess i shouldn't have commented at all.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

lol. i won't say they are good because i personally haven't heard them, but i have heard a few people say they liked them. thats all. i guess i shouldn't have commented at all.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Since when did forum members need to have knowledge of a product to voice an opinion?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The SRs are a little outta my price range, remember I work at Circuit City... I'm looking in the $150 range for the comps, and then anywhere between $100 and $150 for the amp. Before this I was looking at the CDT CL-61A/TW-24 package on woofersetc.com.

And nowhere on the website does it say we cannot disclose prices.

The SRs are a little outta my price range, remember I work at Circuit City... I'm looking in the $150 range for the comps, and then anywhere between $100 and $150 for the amp. Before this I was looking at the CDT CL-61A/TW-24 package on woofersetc.com.
And nowhere on the website does it say we cannot disclose prices.
I guess when we saw you list them we thought you were considering them. Silly us.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Since when did forum members need to have knowledge of a product to voice an opinion?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
i try not to comment on items or things i have not had personal experience with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.