Help Me Choose Amp

alpine_freak32
10+ year member

MIAMI, FL
Hi,

I have 2 kickers 15 inch l7 subs, I currently have a Power AcoustiK A3000DB amp that was sold to me when i bought the system, but i know that there is something wrong with the amp. Sometimes the bass plays loud and sometimes i have to raise the bass llevel to hear my subs kick the bass. Im interested in purchasing a new better amp, and want to know how many RMS watts should i go with? The subs are listed to be able to take 1000 watts RMS *each*. Do i get an amp that gives 1000 watts RMS, or do i get an amp that gives 2000 watts RMS?

Any opinions or suggestions are greatly appreciated........Thanks:)

you will want an amp that gives alteast 2000RMS. also it will help if you let us know which voice coils your subs are? probably d2 or d4. and your budget.

not sure about the voice coils.......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Were can i find that out?

.... as for budget, I'm thinking about spending $300 to $500.... may buy of ebay to get a better amp for that price, But im willing to pay more for something that is dependable, has good quality, and will not turn off on me while it's playing( thats the worst thing an amp can do IMO) I want an amp that will last me and not give me problems once my manufactures warranty expires.....

not sure about the voice coils.......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Were can i find that out?

.... as for budget, I'm thinking about spending $300 to $500.... may buy of ebay to get a better amp for that price, But im willing to pay more for something that is dependable, has good quality, and will not turn off on me while it's playing( thats the worst thing an amp can do IMO) I want an amp that will last me and not give me problems once my manufactures warranty expires.....
fvck egay there are better prices on here;)

Look at the basket of the subs, there will be a label that says either 2Ω or 4Ω
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif were in the hell did you get a keyboard that trys in "ohm"???

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif were in the hell did you get a keyboard that trys in "ohm"???
ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

i cheated i cut and pasted

Hi,
I have 2 kickers 15 inch l7 subs, I currently have a Power AcoustiK A3000DB amp that was sold to me when i bought the system, but i know that there is something wrong with the amp. Sometimes the bass plays loud and sometimes i have to raise the bass llevel to hear my subs kick the bass. Im interested in purchasing a new better amp, and want to know how many RMS watts should i go with? The subs are listed to be able to take 1000 watts RMS *each*. Do i get an amp that gives 1000 watts RMS, or do i get an amp that gives 2000 watts RMS?

Any opinions or suggestions are greatly appreciated........Thanks:)
Yeah, try something around the 2500watt range. but make sure its a good brand and is actually putting out a true 2000watts

(rockford,sundown,kicker,JL audio ect... are all safe bets

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ
i cheated i cut and pasted
******* beat me to it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.