Tough call on amps. Sell or buy a second?

silenkiller
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
zz
So I want to go from 1,000 to 2,000 watts. I'm thinking of running two 15inch FI BL's. Currently I have 1 JL 1000/1v2. Should I try and pony up the cash for another 1000/1v2, or try and sell the 1000/1v2 and get a different amp?

Problem is I like my 1000/1, and I also want to keep my two w6v2's - and its like the perfect match for them.

Suggestions?

they **** anyways.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Replies like that aside, it sounds like you don't really have a clear idea of what you like, or you bought the wrong things - are you more concerned about volume or accuracy?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Replies like that aside, it sounds like you don't really have a clear idea of what you like, or you bought the wrong things - are you more concerned about volume or accuracy?
Well, I've had my 13inch w6v2's for awhile now and I'm just wanting to experience the other side of things. Like I wont ever know if I don't try you know? lol

Maybe best bet is to just save more and buy the whole new setup without selling the old one yet - then see which I like more. Thats not easy though.

I'm thinking Audioque 2200D and two 15inch FI Bl's.

Anyone run BL's before?

People are going to tell you to get rid of them on here because most of them are bassheads, that's just the way it is - although, if you want to know what you're going to, finding something that plays Jeezy loudly can be a lot easier to find than something like what you have currently //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

People are going to tell you to get rid of them on here because most of them are bassheads, that's just the way it is - although, if you want to know what you're going to, finding something that plays Jeezy loudly can be a lot easier to find than something like what you have currently //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah. I think I'll be just trying to slowly build my way into the new setup without selling the old one that way if it isn't what I like at all I'll still have my old one.

they **** anyways.
Stupid comment

The W6v2 is one of the nicest SQ drivers available on the market today.

JL is junk. If you DO need another amp, Ill have a USA-2000 for sale soon. It will do 2000RMS at 2 ohms bridged...
looks like my black amp but in chrome.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8782/p2060039mo0.jpg

I think I can do 550 shipped if you are interested.

J
Another very dumb Comment. JL Audio doesn't make junk. If you think it does. You've got your head up your ass

Stupid comment
The W6v2 is one of the nicest SQ drivers available on the market today.

Another very dumb Comment. JL Audio doesn't make junk. If you think it does. You've got your head up your ass
Not a fan of JL amps at all. The W7 I can appreciate, however there are better subs out there.

Not a fan of JL amps at all. The W7 I can appreciate, however there are better subs out there.
You said JL is junk. Which it isn't

I agree MSRP price are through the roof. But nowadays, thanks to shitty economy, prices have come down quite a ways.

While i hate JL Audio Nut Huggers.

The

W7

W6v2

W6

W3v2

Tw5 are very good drivers

The mid bass Driver's JL has are kick ass.

And they technology in their amplifiers is superb. Those HD amps are bad ass.

May be higher priced since some of the stuff is made by US labor cost. Not China.

But it's definitely not anywhere near junk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.