Help Me Add SQ AMP + Subs to Stock BMW System.

Check this site for some component speakers they arent that expensive and they are made by Rainbow and run off the factory BMW amplifier.
http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com

There is no fabrication needed thay go right where the old components go.
thanx for the link speakers ORDERED! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Love the fact that its a direct replacement.

anyways back to the topic, what do people think about this DLS setup.

2X IRIDIUM 10i and powered by a DLS ULTIMATE series A6.

Also Line converters anyone know any better companies that makes them apart from PAC?

This.

You must be a shitty tech if you think that changing the speakers will throw codes. No radio is that sensitive. Not to mention, why would BMW put sensors in the radio? If they do, I'm sorry. But, why the hell would they? Get a HLC, LOC, whatever you want to call it. For a REAL SQ system, get an Fi Q, IDMAX, or another SQ sub (Even Alpine Type X is a good SQ sub), use a Zenon Board [Either Sundown Audio, RD designs, etc.], and for the front, do a 3-way system. Look up Rainbow, or Focal. I hear they have good high end stuff. Try to find a PPI amp, I hear that they have good quality. Zapco is also another brand I hear has good quality. There are others, let them chime in.

But, if you jsut put in subs. It's not an SQ system. It's a ghetto blaster. Period. Don't ghetto-ize this guy's brand new 135i. Unless you don't properly upgrade the power source, it won't throw codes.

Guys the front setup its not gonna happen without the car throwng codesso that a NO NO.

I guess u guys never seen the electrical system on these cars yet.

any more suggestions for an SQ setup?
facepalm.jpg

I just thought I should add, if BMW is only putting big enough alternators to run the car and the radio (which would be about 20-30 amperes, at most.), they are severely ripping off their customers. If you try to claim sensors... why would they put sensors to detect if the alternator is producing more than ambient power? That makes the cars untouchable in terms of upgrading. Even a simple ignition upgrade would throw codes... again, making the car impossible for the after market.

You being a BMW tech should be able to change those codes, or at least know of an ECU that allows for modifications.

thanx found out JL makes a line converter. JL CL-RLC.

We'll be going with that.

Just spoke to the customer, he want the subs and amps to come from the same company //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif.

Im leaning towards 2 10W6's powered by a 1000/1.

This.
You must be a shitty tech if you think that changing the speakers will throw codes. No radio is that sensitive. Not to mention, why would BMW put sensors in the radio? If they do, I'm sorry. But, why the hell would they? Get a HLC, LOC, whatever you want to call it. For a REAL SQ system, get an Fi Q, IDMAX, or another SQ sub (Even Alpine Type X is a good SQ sub), use a Zenon Board [Either Sundown Audio, RD designs, etc.], and for the front, do a 3-way system. Look up Rainbow, or Focal. I hear they have good high end stuff. Try to find a PPI amp, I hear that they have good quality. Zapco is also another brand I hear has good quality. There are others, let them chime in.

But, if you jsut put in subs. It's not an SQ system. It's a ghetto blaster. Period. Don't ghetto-ize this guy's brand new 135i. Unless you don't properly upgrade the power source, it won't throw codes.
Educate your self on new cars and how you talk to people you don't know.

facepalm.jpg

I just thought I should add, if BMW is only putting big enough alternators to run the car and the radio (which would be about 20-30 amperes, at most.), they are severely ripping off their customers. If you try to claim sensors... why would they put sensors to detect if the alternator is producing more than ambient power? That makes the cars untouchable in terms of upgrading. Even a simple ignition upgrade would throw codes... again, making the car impossible for the after market.

You being a BMW tech should be able to change those codes, or at least know of an ECU that allows for modifications.
Modify Module that cost $2k+ is not an easy task especially if do not know any schematics or coding about it, and since the car is fairly new manufactures like Harmon Kardon, etc do not offer specs to us.

These car has more module/computer than u can think of which makes diagnosing problem very easy for us tech when equip with a BMW Diagnostic system.

Impressive. Like it. Did go with the JL, however. I would've done the DLS install over it.

And to anyone who makes comments on the BMW's systems even though it's an old thread, BMW's run mostly optical lines. It's a pita.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.