Help Me Add SQ AMP + Subs to Stock BMW System.

thatguy
10+ year member

Toronto
First here is the trunk space we''ll be working with.

the car its a 135 Convertible Full blown show car minus trunk setup.

Money Is not an Object. He want Top of the line items. his plans were to go with 2 10"(he want 2 10") JLW7's but i think those are too big. is there any subs and amps people can recommend that has a smaller magnet and producer next or better sq like the W7?

Also for amps, he want to go with a 1000/1 but i told him there could be something better that might be a little cheaper than 1000/1.

In short, he want 2 10" woofer in his trunk and a Lay ed out amp on the floor.

and suggestions? including box specs and what they should be build and tune for.

Also as a BMW tech, i wonder how it is possible to get an AMP input from the stock system without throwing any codes on radio.

What is the best solution for this?

Trunk Space. People Please help out i promise ill post pics of the install / car.

Also if anyone know any decent installs with much experiences with custom tuned boxs in the Toronto/Canada Area please let me know.

030620091137323971.jpg

Thanx for Reading

you might look into the Stereo Integrity BM's. great SQ, little box space, and don't need a ton of power to get going. amps, you might look into the sundown 1200d. as far as getting the amp hooked up to the OEM radio, you could use a line converter, but i don't know if it will do anything as far as codes on the HU.

If money is no object, and this is a show car anyway, why not do anything up front?

Seems silly to me to just spend money on subs, especially if this is an "SQ" install.

he want to keep the car interior wise as stock as possible.

he got an OEM nav all tied up to the car radio. it uses a bus system to communicate with other module in the car. switching any speakers or head unit will throw code and its not an option.

Plus stock logic 7 system sounds really good.

he want to keep the car interior wise as stock as possible. he got an OEM nav all tied up to the car radio. it uses a bus system to communicate with other module in the car. switching any speakers or head unit will throw code and its not an option.

Plus stock logic 7 system sounds really good.
Theres ways to get around it, and if money is no option he can afford to put new fronts in.

Guys the front setup its not gonna happen without the car throwng codes

so that a NO NO.

I guess u guys never seen the electrical system on these cars yet.

any more suggestions for an SQ setup?

IMHO, subs added to an otherwise stock setup = big time fail in the SQ department!

OTOH, he will be like most high school kids who spend a fortune on their subs and amps only to run factory speakers off of head unit power:laugh:

ETA: I did get a sub added to my stock system in my 2007 Accord and it wasn't all that bad. I just added a single 10 off of 250 watts and that was almost too much because it overpowered the stock speakers off of the 160 watt "premium" sound system. Doing a pair of 10s off of 1000 watts RMS will result in a horrific mismatch in output levels. Sure you could tune it to blend in, but you will be wasting that power because you will NEVER use it!

Guys the front setup its not gonna happen without the car throwng codesso that a NO NO.

I guess u guys never seen the electrical system on these cars yet.

any more suggestions for an SQ setup?
Then you can stop calling this a SQ setup. It's just another ghetto bass rig.

If money was no object then he should have taken to someone who knows how to work on these cars. It is done all the time.

Expensive subs with stock main speakers = FAIL. It's ghetto, not SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.