HELP: may need new comps

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big Ry
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i havet diagnosed yet, but it appears my left woofer and tweet have taken a dump. woofer has no output, tweet has very little. theyre CMX kicks i got a couple years ago. assuming they ARE bad, do you have any suggestions for a cheap replacement?

when i bought these i was also considering Pro60s but ultimately decided on these for their midbass. it sounded great, but they dont get very loud. im looking to replace them with something that gets very loud and preferably has decent midbass. i got 200w to throw from each channel (passive for now), and i know those Pro60s can take that no problem. theyre now in a reasonable price range since its been a couple years. but i wanted to see if their were any other recommendations, any newer CHEAP but good quality stuff...

the fact both went out leads me to believe xover or channel on your amp
theyre currently active. so the chance of it being the amp is about the same as it being both drivers. im not sure how likely itll be for the active xover to lose a tweet and woofer either.

but again, i still havent diagnosed. its just ive had issues before so im inclined to believe its the drivers. also, ive had water leak in and it could have gotten to the woofer (def not the tweet though).

price.. Idk what cheap is to you..
cheaper the better lol...i know brand new stuff wont be cheap period, so old goodies are always welcome suggestions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif currently i see Pro60s going for $140-200 here. thats about the max id spend. im broke as hell working 2 jobs and in grad school...but i just cant live w/o my tunes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
actually i got a USAmps 2-ch i could probably sell to pay for them. i should really sell it to pay for groceries but im a dumbass like that sometimes lol

ok so cheap but not stupid cheap.. id cxs series are nice.. do you want loud everything? sharp and in your face or kinda laid back?
By I'd do u mean image dynamics?

I used to rock some mb quart premium series comps. Those babies screamed...titanium tweet I think. I loved them except their midbass blew d!ck. But at this point I think I'm more interested in loud crisp clear highs than anything else. The kicks were nice and bassy, but not nearly enough for it to be worth it. They were a hassle, I want domestic this time lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.