[HELP] Looking for an in-dash dvd in my budget

Participant count
  • Participant list

focused313
10+ year member

Learning With Every Post
Michigan
I've been searching through threads on this site, CAF, and CAT trying to find a head unit that matches my needs. I decided to make a thread to see if anyone knew a better product for my needs.

I'd like to stay with brands that I have personally used before, which include: Clarion, Pioneer, Panasonicm and Kenwood. I'm willing to try Alpine as well. Please no Jensen, Panasonic, Dual, Pyle, other walmart brands, or Sony.

Budget $400 shipped. I do realize this might not be possible though.

I'm looking for a single-din in dash flip out monitor. The size of the screen does not matter. I also want a detachable face plate.

I'd like 3 sets of preouts, but it's not that important. I'm just running front components and subs. If I could get one with 4v pre's that would be even better.

Nice EQ functions. I'd like a remote, but it's not mandatory. Navigation isn't needed at this time.

I'd like it to have both ipod and usb connectivity, but USB is more important. I want to completely eliminate the need for cd's.

I don't care about accelerometers, as I know how to do the toggle switch thing.

Product I'm eyeing AVH-p5000

as you can see though, its out of my budget.

So if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. If I'm wrong about anything I stated here, feel free to correct me.

I personally wouldnt list Panasonic under that list of wal mart brands? They have amazing video products. And even the new jensen is not a "Wal Mart" brand since they got bought out. Just from my many experiences on the video side of these products.

I personally wouldnt list Panasonic under that list of wal mart brands? They have amazing video products. And even the new jensen is not a "Wal Mart" brand since they got bought out. Just from my many experiences on the video side of these products.
No, I wasn't saying Panasonic is cheap crap.......I just don't like them. I had a Panasonic unit before and I couldn't stand it. By far the worst unit I've ever had.

Are you saying Jensen HU's are worth looking into?

there is alot of them in that range i was at a pawn shop in fargo other day they has and alpine for 275 a kenwood for 300 and a really nice alpine for 450
I'm looking more so for a specific model that I can purchase off ebay, woofersetc, etc...

*never mind. I've found that usb would not be in my best interest right now. I can simply go with an ipod, which all head units seem to work better with.

I've was pleased with my last clarion flip out, so i think I'll be trying out this VRX485VD. THe only thing that seems bad thus far are the EQ settings, or lack there of. shucks, no detachable face plate

wow, reading is fundamental. I love this forum.

I now have everything accounted for in my new system except a Head Unit.

Just to give you guys a feel of what I have now:

(3) JL w3v3-8 in a sealed enclosure

with a BXI1606 D powering them

6.5 Phoenix Gold Components RSD65cs

with a Hifonics TXI6006 amp powering them

now I just need a head unit. So far, I've went back and forth with the ideal of getting a AVHp4000 by Pioneer. Like I said off top, USB or IPOD must be good. I've read countless reviews on so many HU's that have an awful ipod interface. I'd like those 4v pre outs, but more important that that are the EQ options. I love to tweak my settings. Oh yea, this is going in a 2005 dodge magnum. I'm going to get the double din bezel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.