Help/ideas for amp rack design in a Jeep.

Participant count
  • Participant list

infowarrior45
10+ year member

I need some ideas for mounting my amps in a '98 Jeep Cherokee. I have a Reference 650.6 and a Kicker ZX1500.1. The Reference 650.6 is almost 3 feet long, so you can't just put it anywhere. I have a sub up, port back box, so mounting on the top or back of the box isn't possible with the Reference 650.6.

My idea right now is to make a recessed amp rack and lean it against the front (I call it back) of my sub box, facing the front of the car. I would keep my seat down most of the time so I could see the amps, but would have the option to put it up for carrying passengers.

This is sort of the idea. I'd appreciate any suggestions or alternatives.

snnj0o.jpg

If you have the depth, you can enclose them as well, with proper ventellation, or use a fan cooling system hooked up to the electrical. For instance, put walls around the rack base and either top it with a plexi look or keep the top open. Would look cleaner than putting amps on a board alone. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yes, I am definitely going to enclose them. I was planning on basically having them flush mounted in sort of a box. Then I was planning on lining the edges around the amps with blue LED's and throwing a fan in there as well.

I need some help with the enclosure design. I obviously need access to the inside of the rack for mounting the amps and wiring them, so I was thinking of having the front face hinged at the bottom?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.