Help! I think i fried my JBL 600.1!

Participant count
  • Participant list

31337hxr
10+ year member

Okay guys, I let my friend borrow my amp. Stupid decision. The music had stopped bumping and we checked to fuse. The power wire's fuse was fine and the two fuses in my JBL was fine. The amp was really hot, powering 1 sony DVC 2ohm 12" sub for some reason...

the green light was still lit. I checked the manual and it says that the amp was overheated. Then i told him to shut off his engine, when he turned it back on...the amp light didn't come on no more!

And then the next day, i put it in my 1986 civic. I had the head unit pulled out....but the remote wire and power wire and ground wire were still there..

i only hooked up these three wires to it....turned on my civic and the amp wouldn't come on?

hmm does anyone know maybe the remote wire was disconnected? where is the remote wire connect to? becuz only the head unit was pulled out.

help! i'm stuck...i got 4 days to deteremine if this JBL died or not and if so, i can return it to get an exchange!

Well your amp might of went into thermal protection mode and probally is stuck in it or yea you most lilkly fried it. Send it back and just get another.

could be but you do need a remote to get it started in the first place...

(not all)

The remote runs from your HU to your amp and most often is a thin blue cable... without it, no go !

did you say that it was dual 2 ohm coils....if it has dual 2 ohm coils is that amp 1 ohm stable???? you probably fried it if you had it in paralell...

jbl only rates it @ 2 ohms....600.1 means it's 1 channel....if thats what you are getting at when you said "See that 600.1?"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.