Help!! I cracked my windshield from 1,200 watts

Who let JK out of his cage?
Prly was papermaker this whole time

Fwiw, the rearview mirror in my Lincoln has damaged the inside pane of my windshield twice. The pic was the first time. Presently half of the mirror is still attached to the glass but you can tell that a chunk broke off the upper half. It doesn't appear that it has spread much in the last month. Both times were with a pair of 12 type r's. The only reason I replaced it was due to a water leak. If this one gets worse I'll probably get a suction cup rvm and just deal with it.

thank you for the help / advice! so if i need to get it replaced (looking more and more like it all the time... ugh) would i just ask the repair place to mount my mirror to the roof or headliner or something like that? its illegal here to drive without a center mirror. but thank you for the help though! now to just find a place that can replace my windshield for less than 890 dollars...
Cost of the replacement is all based on the vehicle. 890 is very high for aftermarket, so Im guessing that quote is for factory glass. If your paying out of pocket, it's definitely cheaper to go aftermarket. Unfortunately, modifying your mirror to come off your roof would be something you'd have to fab up. they wouldnt do that for you...but they can take the metal button off the glass so it doesn't crack there again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.