help help help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Platinum-Reefa

U.K
Hey wassup everyone i need sum help on choosing a right amp n sub to conect in my first car

so far im planing to get an Alpine headunit(CDA-9812RB)

with 2 pairs of Alpine standard speakers (SPS170A) to replace the ones in the car

For my bass i wana get the Alpine Type R (SWR-1541D)* 15" Subwoofer * Peak Power 1500W * 500W RMS Power *

cuz im sorta cash i was thinking about conecting it to the Sony Xplode XM-D1000P5 *RMS Power at 2 Ohms 900W x 1

cuz im new to all this i duno what RMS and Ohms are can sum one plz tell me

thanx!

RMS= Root Means Squared- It is the constant supply of power an amp can put out/ Speaker can handle- This is the important number when looking to match up amps and subs, the max rateing is the absolute maximum in rediculous conditions, and well basically it'l never happen.

Ohms- It is electrical resistence- I really don't feel like explaining this one hhaa so here is a sweet site.

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/caraudio.htm

Answering your question, i would avoid that sony amp. You really have a ton of options though im not sure on your price range, if your on a budget check out the JBL 600.1

http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/186

otherwise let us know what kinda money you have to spend and well make some more recomendations.

-Jason

stay away from sony car audio, just a big let down... don't believe me? ask the sony reps... their amplifiers are only stable at lower impedances in low temperature environments ( Green Bay during football season)

how much power are you looking for???

here is another tip - never pay retail for car audio products... realize that the markup on them is around ~90-110%... find wholesalers... for mroe mainstream brands netmarket.com is decent...

good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.