Help getting started

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigMikee

OR
I first off don't claim to have much audio knowledge so I am hoping that some people here can help me out some. I know the basics, RMS, Peak, all that stuff I have down. My main questions deal with wiring something to 2 ohms, or 1 ohm...stuff like that.

I am looking at starting to put together a nice sound system. Something not too overpowering but if I want to impress the ladies in the car next to me it is more than possible. I am looking for probably two solid 12's, something with decent SQ and decent SPL, even though i know the two dont go hand in hand. Price range per sub I would say is probably $150-$175 at the most. I know there are tons of subs that run in that price range but like I said my knowledge of subs is not very good.

I have been researching, I have heard the Fi brand thrown around some and have heard mixed reviews on the subs. If anyone wants to throw an unbaised view on them out there I'm all ears. Other than that I don't know of any real brands being better than another, so I am intrested in checking out all options.

I need to get an amp to power the subs as well, which is where the wiring to 2 ohm and 1 ohm loads and what not confuses the **** out of me. So if I could get a few recomendations on brands for subs and amps that'd be awesome. Thanks, BigMikee

PAIR NEW CADENCE ZRS-12-1000-4 12" 4000w CAR SUBWOOFERS - eBay (item 390196689889 end time Jun-14-10 18:41:31 PDT)

same motor and basket as hdc3, same buildhouse also

their single voice coil so its easy to wire to 2ohm load. put 2 of these on an audiopipe 3000d and look out.

fi car audio has some greats tuff but new ur going over 175 per sub shipped.

Audioque: Street Duty: SDC2.5

great subs 4 that price range. 139 a piece

2 dual 4 ohm subs wire in parrallel to 1 ohm

Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer WiringWizard

Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer WiringWizard

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.