help: germs bottoming out?

Participant count
  • Participant list

rocktonic13
10+ year member

orlando
Hey guys i just installed my germs into my new truck. right now i have stock headunit but have an audiocontrol lc6 that then runs to my amps. amp is older, but does about 200rms perside. i have the crossovers on the amp set to highpass at around 80-90 and the gains are less than 1/4. i am having problems with the germs bottoming out when i turn them up to a moderate level on certain songs. bass control on stock headunit is set to nutural. any thoughts on why this is happening? oh doors are also very well deadended.

tried raising the crossover point even higher to around 110ish and still causing problems.. about to grab another amp and give that a try....

As low as you have your gains you may still be clipping the speakers. Figure your OEM HU has built in EQ that could possibly be boosting that region purposely for the OEM setup- now toss in that line driver and and you are further boosting that signal. My guess is just that, electrically the signal is causing the mid to bottom out. You need to be careful not to damage the driver.

I'd be curious to see the freq response of your OEM deck rta'd. That is why adding aftermarket sound to OEM decks is a waste of time-unless you have something with the right tools ala RF 3sixty-.2, etc..

it was the crossover... dropped in a different amp and everything was perfect crossed at 80... put the amp im using back into the car and just raised the crossover to what is says is 140ish, and played perfect and was deff. playing below 140hz, just gotta go find my old test tones cd so i can figure out exactly where it is at right now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.