Help from the og's please. Looking for a new sub setup

audi0_king
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ky
Ok so here is the deal.

It's been AWHILE sense my last decent setup. For some reason i decided to get back into it. So i figered i ask around here to see what i should go with sense im so out of the loop.

OK my last decent setup was a single adire audio brahma 15" mkII.(about the same as the first gen xxx's) I'm looking to be just as loud and low.

AS of right now i have pioneer components up front 6.5" drivers in the door tweeters and such are all good. 6.5s in the rear deck. All getting enough power. so im covered there for now. As for the sub I ran across a good deal on a jl w6v2 12" in a 1.5cu bx tuned to 32.2hz i'm powering it with a glx1000.1(hi fonics galdator) 750rms at 2ohms and the little 12 just isnt enough.

So ive been thinking about a single 15" re xxx and a hi fonics brutus. 2000rms . But then i saw alot of people saying the xxx's are over priced. Back when i was into this stuff the xxx's where the best bang for the buck. ANYWAY

What do you guys think i would be best with. Looking to get low and loud. I want to keep it all sounding good. no sloppy bass. so can i get lower,louder, keep sq and all for less than a xxx and a hifonics amp?

15" xxx on ebay 589

Hifonics BRZ2100.1D 238 shipped

So i guess my budget is 827 or less

THanks guys

Is your mind made up on only having 1 sub?? If so to be on par with the Adire look at FI, SSA, or maybe a Sundown Night shade, or TC, etc. if you are willing to go with 2 subs you could run 2 sundown sa12,s on 1800-2000 watts and more than match the Adire's output. I say 12"s cuz the 15"s need 3.5-4 cubes each to perform and that's a really big box . I have 2 sundown SA 15"s running off 2 Elemental designs nin.1's strapped (about 2400 rms) and it is uncomfortable at high levels. There are quite a few subs out there that will give the old Brahmas a run for their money.

I wish I could come across a couple if Adire brahmas for sale reasonable. That was one helluva a driver.

Not saying two is out of the question. But it would be cheaper with one driver. Also the reason i say 1 15" is because i low the low bass extension from a 15" Ive been doing a little more digging around. what about a single 15" fi bl? in a 3.5 cu ft box with 1500rms You think it would out preform the brahma? And how close to a new xxx would it be? I'm also going to look into the other subs you mentioned. And yes adire audio made some nice stuff. My fav sub to date.

Thanks for the feedback so far

Is your mind made up on only having 1 sub?? If so to be on par with the Adire look at FI, SSA, or maybe a Sundown Night shade, or TC, etc. if you are willing to go with 2 subs you could run 2 sundown sa12,s on 1800-2000 watts and more than match the Adire's output. I say 12"s cuz the 15"s need 3.5-4 cubes each to perform and that's a really big box . I have 2 sundown SA 15"s running off 2 Elemental designs nin.1's strapped (about 2400 rms) and it is uncomfortable at high levels. There are quite a few subs out there that will give the old Brahmas a run for their money.
I wish I could come across a couple if Adire brahmas for sale reasonable. That was one helluva a driver.

Are you looking to buy right now? Sundown has their new Zv4's coming out soon that look promising. You can check them out in their vendor section here. Not cheap though. @SPLaudio ; could build you a pretty mean woofer. What is your budget? I might have missed it. TC sounds has some killer subs as well, but they are somewhat pricey.

i can deff build some mean customs, securing some motors already //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

buy ,why would you buy such a nice sub and a garbage amp ? hifonics amps aren't what they used to be
I wasn't aware i thought the brz series was still good stuff. i guess ill be looking for a good sub/amp combo for around 500-800 dollars.

Not too worried about waiting not really in a rush. IF there is something else out there that will out perform the fi when it comes to low,loud,sq with a box less than 4 cu id be all about it. just throwing it out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.