Help Finding a good subwoofer box for cheap

Participant count
  • Participant list
A bandpass with no port? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused:

And putting Type-R's (I'm assuming that's what you have) is a horrible idea.....build your own sealed or ported box. Should cost around 50 bucks or so.

man, u really do have terrible english.

so, a sealed box, is basically a box with no ports or "holes" or anything. a ported box is bigger and has one "hole" or port. hope that helped.

Bandpass and ported boxes need to be built specifically for the subs being used. An "off the rack" pre-fabricated bandpass or ported box will only sound good if you get very very lucky.

Sealed boxes for low-to-moderate power can be bought pre-made and used with decent results. Check http://www.ikesound.com - click on "Raptor" in the left-side navigation frame. Those are some pretty good pre-fab boxes.

Ported and Bandpass boxes should never be just "bought" unless they are specific to the sub (like some JL Audio's boxes).

~HH

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.