Help deciding. Morel, JBL, or DLS

Participant count
  • Participant list

steele6794
10+ year member

Boston
6.5" Component set, running passive. Only going to use fronts in a Trailblazer.

Listen to Rock, Metal, Some techno or whatever. Looking for highs that aren't harsh and some nice midbass kick. Need the speakers to keep their clarity at loud volumes

Stuck between the

JBL MS-62 The build quality and lack of midbass is making me skeptical

Morel Maximo Love the price but hate the lake of tweeter attenuation. Also dont know how they stack up against my other choices. I almost pulled the trigger on these a couple times due to their low pricetag.

Dls RM6 Don't really know much about them but read their midbass is solid and their highs are pretty good but any other thoughts are definitely welcome.

I would really like to keep the comments to these three sets if possible, Unless their is something that is undisputedly better for around the same price point.

dont know about you but the ms-62 does produce midbass from my tests, just not as much as per say, cdt or phd, its not like it has weak midbass its a pretty flat response midwoofer all around and are built pretty good. The tweeters can be harsh on full blast, but there's attenuation options for it. When the tweets are not going HAM, it actually sounds pretty nice.

I cant comment on the others but I like the ms62c. mounted in unsealed kicks in my truck they produce good midbase. I don't find the tweets harsh at all. powered by a ppi 900.4 they are consistently clean at high volume. i listen to metal mostly..ie godsmack , panterra, in this moment, iron maiden etc.

I just put a set of the Morels in a 02 Envoy and the mid bass is great, I felt the tweeters were a little bright for my liking but a little eq smoothed them out.. I'm running them passive with a PPI P600.2 and they get loud.. great set for the price tag I paid 125.00 shipped for mine..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.