super tweets or silk dome?

Justin braaapp

CarAudio.com Elite
Im redoing my front stage and really don't know what to go with as far as tweeters. I'm going to be buying an audioque Q4 120 or a ppi phantom 900.4 to power whatever I get. I really dont know weather to go with super tweets or some silk domes. The main super tweets i was looking at were the crescendo ft1's or the soundqubed ones. Ive heard that super tweets are way to harsh on the ears but I've also heard if they are powered right they can sound amazing. My biggest concern is that a single pair of silk dome tweets will get drown out by my sp4 15. If anybody can give me a little more insight between the two id appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

I will say, if you have your tweeters aimed right, you'll likely be fine w/o super tweets. What do you have for tweeters right now? How much power are you feeding the SP4?
Right now i have focal access 165 a1 sg components but the left side blew two weeks ago so im looking for new options and the sp4 is wired at one ohm to a nendo 3500

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

If it's your daily driver ride I'd go silk.
Any good tweeters you would recommend? id like to use them with pwx 6.5's as my mids

I personally like super tweets but I like really bright highs . I have no experience with the sq q4 120 but I own 2 ppi 900.4 and lemme tell ya the 900.4 on a set of jbl selenium super tweets will deffinatly not be drowned out . The jbl's are like 50$ and I personally like the sound of them.

If you got the doe spring for beyma ast22's they are a bit spendthrift but are well worth their cost

I personally like super tweets but I like really bright highs . I have no experience with the sq q4 120 but I own 2 ppi 900.4 and lemme tell ya the 900.4 on a set of jbl selenium super tweets will deffinatly not be drowned out . The jbl's are like 50$ and I personally like the sound of them.
If you got the doe spring for beyma ast22's they are a bit spendthrift but are well worth their cost
If you don't mind me asking whats your sub setup? I wanna make sure the super tweets wont be too much for my one sp4 15

The FT1 or AQ's would work well with your mids. You can always dial back the gain on them if they're too bright.

I run the AQ's in the wifey's mini van and also in my demo set up. They can sound very good if tuned properly...

The FT1 or AQ's would work well with your mids. You can always dial back the gain on them if they're too bright.
I run the AQ's in the wifey's mini van and also in my demo set up. They can sound very good if tuned properly...
I was told they will work well and get loud off the deck power alone? What do you think?

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

I was going to power them off the deck and use the amp for my mids only

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.