help decide what type of sound deadener

Any mat with a high quality butyl adhesive and a decently thick foil facing is going to take 1/10 - 1/6 as much material to do what ANY asphalt product will. Damplifier Pro will probably do better than that. No, I don't want your "prize".
I'll take it!

Eh... nevermind. I'm sure 2nd skin is quality stuff, but isnt it a little pricey? I am just sure that if there is any diffrence at all in SQ using 2nd Skin, or something like Fatmat, the audible difference would be very minute. If applied right, the cheaper product could be just as good. I hate to step on folks toes and ****, but this is just my opinion.

Eh... nevermind. I'm sure 2nd skin is quality stuff, but isnt it a little pricey? I am just sure that if there is any diffrence at all in SQ using 2nd Skin, or something like Fatmat, the audible difference would be very minute. If applied right, the cheaper product could be just as good. I hate to step on folks toes and ****, but this is just my opinion.

HArd for me to come on to a forum and explain how products like Second Skin Damplifier Pro are actually more affordable than cheaper products.

I tend to get flamed for pointing out the truth.

Then I catch **** for spamming.

Then I get accused of being biased (duh. no ****)

Then someone sticks up for Second Skin

Then some dipshit strats it all up again the next day..

I find that it is best that I say:

Yes, Second Skin products are awesome and can be a little pricey. But when comapred to similar products we are not expensive at all.

ANT

HArd for me to come on to a forum and explain how products like Second Skin Damplifier Pro are actually more affordable than cheaper products.I tend to get flamed for pointing out the truth.

Then I catch **** for spamming.

Then I get accused of being biased (duh. no ****)

Then someone sticks up for Second Skin

Then some dipshit strats it all up again the next day..

I find that it is best that I say:

Yes, Second Skin products are awesome and can be a little pricey. But when comapred to similar products we are not expensive at all.

ANT
So pretty much, using less of 2nd skin=using more of other product. Therefore, you save $ because you spend more$ adding layers and layers of other product to= 1 layer of 2nd skin?

This isn't a matter of opinion. There are objective facts that refute your belief. Aside from any questions about reliability - very important in my view - asphalt is a completely ineffective vibration damper. It will stop some rattles the same way duct tape will, but it won't even begin to attenuate panel resonance until you start adding pounds of the stuff. The best yo can say is that it might be better than nothing - until it melts or falls off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.