help decide what type of sound deadener

tristanmay
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hey iv been reading about all the different deadeners. dynamat.fat mat. ss. raamat foam roll on paint on spray on and many others. im trying to prep my 2002 esacalade(large suv) for possibly doing some local db drag type of events

a while ago the question on my mind was to deaden or not to deaden.im pretty sure my mind is made up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif lol

so im left with like 10 different companys. and out of these they all have 5 or so different mat's foams sprays ect

in your oppinion what is the best method

mat?

foam?

roll on?

ect

what brand?

model?

also what are the differences?

pretty much what im looking for is the best method for the best price...

what do you guys recomend

thanks alot for your time =)

In my opinion if you are going to compete then go with Second Skin Damplifier pro... It is the best you are going to get and is not much more then dynomate extreme.

If you are going for extreme SPL. a sprayed on liquid - like Second Skin Spectrum is your best bet. Turns your sheet metal into a rock.

If you are going for extreme SPL. a sprayed on liquid - like Second Skin Spectrum is your best bet. Turns your sheet metal into a rock.

Yeah, but those CLD tiels are no joke either!

Spectrum is a great way to acomplish your goals.

I was just in the warehouse and mixed up a 5 gallon batch of Super Spectrum for a custom project. We added teflon and a poly urethane resin to it.

Going to be sick!!

ANT

ill pick some up as soon as my amps sell

im broke

and it seems people on this fourm arnt really liking me. im just hoping my things sell so i can finesh this dang car

If you can prove that there is any audible difference between having 2nd 4Skin applied or Fatmat, I'll have somebody **** yer c0ck
its funny you ask... As far as audible difference i cant help you there i dont own a meter...but i can tell you the layer of fatmat i had in my doors did do something. had less rattles thats for sure... Once it started peeling off is when i got irritated. So i thought what the heck lets try some second skin. So i advised a customer to get SS for his ride. I installed it everywhere in his truck and it made a huge diff. Now there was sheets left he said i could use. So i ripped out the fatmat to see if it was really that good. Well it really is THAT good! ZERO rattle noise unlike the fatmat.

that is all..

but if your on a budget SS pro is def. not a good option lol

If you can prove that there is any audible difference between having 2nd 4Skin applied or Fatmat, I'll have somebody **** yer c0ck
Any mat with a high quality butyl adhesive and a decently thick foil facing is going to take 1/10 - 1/6 as much material to do what ANY asphalt product will. Damplifier Pro will probably do better than that. No, I don't want your "prize".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.